Online Sound Clips
- the duo “ensō” Emily Sheppard (violin/viola/voice) & Anne Norman (shakuhachi/voice)
- Beneath the Surface – music for shakuhachi, violin and tunnel. Recorded in Tunnel Number Five beneath Darwin. Emily Sheppard (violin); Anja Tait (violin); Anne Norman (shakuhachi); David Matthews (field recording).
- Yolngu Crying for the Land, Bärra Band with shakuhachi in Nhulunbuy
- BLUEPRINT – an album by Fine Blue Thread – Ria Soemardjo (voice); Helen Mountfort (cello); and Sam Evans (Tabla). Breathtaking music… sheer poetry… I am playing shakuhachi on track 1 & 3. I love listening to this album – so many wonderful tracks, such a great trio.
- Ocean Breath CD the complete album
- Driftwood CD the complete album
- Gift CD the complete album
- Callings – duo for shakuhachi and koto by Yoko Sato
- Shika no Tone performed with Bronwyn Kirkpatrick in concert in Hiroshima
- Aki no Kyoku (21 string koto and 1.8 shakuhachi) and Haru no Umi (13 string koto and 1.6 shakuhachi) live performance with Izumi Fujikawa at BMW Edge in June 2006 in Melbourne recorded by Dave Matthews.
- Ask Not ~ Fear Not on the CD Fractions of Illumination
- Tsuru no sugomori from the CD Breath of Creation (scroll to Audio Previews)
- Deep Sea Divers on the CD Fractions of Illumination
- We lose things on the CD Scent of Time (scroll to Audio Previews)
- Unde – shakuhachi and soprano from the CD On the Wings of a Butterfly scroll to Audio Previews
Anne’s Bandcamp albums: http://annemnorman.bandcamp.com/
- Kyrie on shakuhachi – an impro on Hildegard by Jouissance
- RAIN Now and Then – an excerpt of my composition for shakuhachi performed in a tunnel under Darwin: on ABC Darwin FB
- Duet for One – solo shakuhachi improvisation
- BREATH trio with Sanshi (didj) and Reo (beatbox)
- First Step (first section of Rokudan)
- Solid Rock with the Songmen Eel Festival 2007: Shane Howard, Neil Murray, Bart Willoby, Anne Norman, Marcia Howard. (shakuhachi kicks in after about 4 minutes).
- Dome Dames – several improvisations by Sarah Wilmot (voice) and Anne Norman (shakuhachi)
- ‘Unde’ by Anne Norman and Deborah Kayser (Jouissance)
- 鹿の遠音 (Shika no Tone) Distant Cry of Deer – a honkyoku meditation piece for 1.8 shakuhachi, preceeded by a waka poem by the 9th century poet 猿丸大夫 Sarumaru Dayu
- Edessa rejoices by Jouissance
- Yennisi sou Khriste 2003 (Jouissance)
- tabla, koto, shakuhachi Impro: Sam Evans – Tabla, Anne Norman – Shakuhachi and Izumi Fujikawa – Koto. This is a piece of improvised music, 2006.
visit Anne Norman’s YouTUBE channel for many more clips.
SOUND and VIDEO clips of Anne’s performances may also be found at http://altsoundings.com
See also: https://tunnelnumberfive.com/resources/
Of course… most of my music is not on-line…
Dave Matthews recently put up a few items from my concert late last year with the vocalist Sarah Wilmot. One of the absolute joys of an improvised spontaneous gig, is that no-one knows what is going on … including the performers. In Duet for One, I am assuming that we are about to perform a duo, and Sarah is assuming it is a shakuhachi solo. I make ‘offers’ to Sarah, who has her eyes closed, in listening mode… I was structuring it as a conversation, but only ended up talking with the seagulls … (and momentarily the toilet cistern, that happened to be at the same pitch I was playing) and I quite liked the result. Thanks Sarah! Without you there, this piece would not have come into existence.
for other offerings on Dave Matthews website, visit: http://altsoundings.com